Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Respect the Minivan

So I get a call 6 hours before our ETD from the ball busters at (Dis-) Advantage Rent-A-Car to inform me that my reserved Durango was no longer available but that they had a lovely Dodge Caravan for our enjoyment. I had just recently seen something that said minivans were now cool again (were they before?), so I said “sure.”

Fast forward two hours later and my phone rings again. This time (Dis-) Advantage Rent-A-Car informs me that our reserved Caravan is in the shop and will not be back in time. They proceeded to offer us a pickup or a 12 passenger van, to which I replied, “Lady, I’m not taking a swim team to state. This is Bowl Tour 2007.” She said she’d get back to me (It’s at this point that visions of Steve Martin dropping f-bombs on that red haired lady in Planes, Trains and Automobiles run through my head).

Two bits of good news followed. First, we wound up getting the minivan. There is some concern that this is the same car that needed repair, and they simply called it back in so I wouldn’t further berate the (Dis-) Advantage representative. Possible? Yes. Likely? Yes.

Secondly, after packing the Caravan full of clothes, coolers, charcoal grills, tailgate tents and chairs, etc., we discovered that we have FLOOR STORAGE! We decided to wait to Shreveport to rearrange, but it’s good to know nonetheless.

We are currently between Corsicana and Tyler on HWY 31, in case anyone wants to waive at us as we drive by. Are we gonna get to Shreveport by midnight you ask? “Baby we’re gonna be up five hundy by midnight!!”

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So do you guys have some kind of sticker or something? What color is this sexy van?

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss being young....

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Swanny said...

Good luck on the road guys and ladies. Sounds like it will be a pretty raucous trip. My advice: Get hammered at every stop, piss off the locals, root for whatever's teams fan base is the minority and don't drink and drive. Looking forward to more accounts, get some pictures of your stupidity posted.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That swim team comment is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home